- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pears, drained and chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 large unpeeled apples, chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Pour juice into a small saucepan; add sugar and flour. Bring to a boil. Quickly stir in egg; cook until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Refrigerate. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, oranges, pears, kiwi, apples and pecans. Pour dressing over and blend well. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forEasy Festive Fruit Salad
"You can use just about any kind of fruit with the yummy dressing!!"
"I LOVE this recipe!! The only changes I make----I use fresh pears and also add strawberries, blueberries, and grapes!! The combinations are endless. I especially enjoy using honey crisp apples. Thank you, Julianne Johnson!!!"
"It was in November of 2003 while I was pregnant with my first child and my nesting instincts were in full force that I first found this recipe. I am writing to say...it has been enthusiastically requested every fall since. I love this recipe!!"