Easy Crunch Berry Pie
This is a fresh, simple approach to making a company-worthy pie. The playful Cap’n Crunch cereal crust is fun to bite into, and it’s the perfect complement to a mixed berry no-bake filling. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 2-3/4 cups crushed Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups mixed fresh or frozen unsweetened berries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Additional mixed fresh berries, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crushed cereal and melted butter. Using the bottom of a glass, press cereal mixture onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine berries, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice and zest; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Transfer berry mixture to a food processor or blender; pulse until smooth. Press through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds. Microwave gelatin on high until melted, about 10 seconds; stir into berry mixture.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream and berry mixture. Transfer filling to crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 2 hours. If desired, top with sweetened whipped cream and additional berries.