Easy Crunch Berry Pie
This is a fresh, simple approach to making a company-worthy pie. The playful Cap’n Crunch cereal crust is fun to bite into, and it’s the perfect complement to a mixed berry no-bake filling. — Gina Nistico, Taste of Home Food Editor
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 2-3/4 cups crushed Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups mixed fresh or frozen unsweetened berries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Additional mixed fresh berries, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crushed cereal and melted butter. Using the bottom of a glass, press cereal mixture onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine berries, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice and zest; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Transfer berry mixture to a food processor or blender; pulse until smooth. Press through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds. Microwave gelatin on high until melted, about 10 seconds; stir into berry mixture.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream and berry mixture. Transfer filling to crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 2 hours. If desired, top with sweetened whipped cream and additional berries.
Originally published as Easy Crunch Berry Pie in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.