I was born and raised in Holland, where we used almond paste quite often in our baking. I created this recipe to capture the outstanding flavors of home.
Recommended: 19 New Ways to Make S’mores
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste, cut into cubes
- Sliced almonds
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Gradually add the flour. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups; set aside.
- For filling, beat eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add sugar; mix well. Beat in the almond paste. Spoon a rounded teaspoonful into each cup; top each with three almond slices.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and filling is set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Originally published as Dutch Treats in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p53
Reviews forDutch Treats
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2010
"Pleasant, very different & not too sweet."