Fruited Dutch Baby
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in a 400° oven for 5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in eggs and milk until smooth. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and bananas. Using a slotted spoon, place fruit in center of pancake. Top with whipped cream if desired. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 203 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Aug 26, 2017
I cooked this on the BBQ today in my 9" cast iron frying pan. Despite how difficult it is to control the temperature (it was around 500 F most of the cook time) it turned out really well, was done at about the 11 minute mark.It is more "eggy" than other baked pancake recipes I've tried. Best eaten fresh.
Sep 21, 2014
Made this for breakfast this morning. It was absolutely wonderful. Thanks for the recipe. Definitely will be making this again.
Jun 13, 2013
I tried this recipe today and I was surprised how quick and easy it was to make. I actually made mine in a toaster oven since it's the start of the summer and I didn't want to heat the house with the regular oven. I intended to set the timer to 20 min. and "forget it" but that was a slight mistake. Good thing I returned to the kitchen 18 min. into baking because the pancake rose to the top of my toaster oven and started to burn the top edges. My husband didn't mind though since he said it gave it a nice home-made look;) I topped my pancake with sliced kiwis and peaches. I then sprinkled it with powdered sugar. I almost looked too pretty to eat. It was a really good breakfast, not too sweet. I plan on adding this to my Father's Day brunch menu since my dad's diabetic and shouldn't eat too much sweets. I think one pie plate is good for about 3 people if it's the only thing you're going to eat for breakfast.
May 1, 2011
Fruited Dutch Baby was a fun surprise for breakfast this morning! The recipe was easy to follow and quick to make with ingredients that are kitchen staples. It's versatile in that it can be made with any fruits, or even savory toppings. This is definitely a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.