Peachy Dutch Pancake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen thinly sliced peaches, thawed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Warm peach preserves and maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Place in oven 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted; carefully swirl to coat bottom and sides of dish. Carefully add peaches; return to oven for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Add milk and extract. Whisk in flour, sugar and salt. Pour into hot baking dish. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and sides are golden brown.
- Remove from oven; serve immediately with preserves and syrup.
- To Make Ahead:Prepare pancake batter as directed. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare baking dish as directed. Whisk batter until blended; pour into hot baking dish. Bake, as directed, until puffed and sides are golden brown.
Jul 5, 2019
This is a good recipe, but the baking time needs to be adjusted. It took 32 minutes at 425 for the pancake to puff. At 10-12 minutes, it isn’t even close to being done. I used three fresh peaches and sliced them thin, completely covering the bottom of the baking dish, so when I poured the batter over them, every bite had peaches. Also, I mixed the dry ingredients separate, so they were thoroughly blended before adding the wet ingredients. I love almond extract, but I didn’t have it in my pantry, so I used vanilla extract. It still tasted great I had fresh blueberries on hand, so I garnished with them, dusted confectioners sugar on top, and added fresh maple syrup. . Overall, this is a quick and easy pancake, and my family approved!