Peachy Dutch Pancake
After my daughter attended a slumber party, she raved about a Dutch pancake they had for breakfast. She asked her friend’s mom for the recipe so we could make it at home. This is my version.—Carol Rogers, Tipton, IA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen thinly sliced peaches, thawed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Warm peach preserves and maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Place in oven 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted; carefully swirl to coat bottom and sides of dish. Carefully add peaches; return to oven for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Add milk and extract. Whisk in flour, sugar and salt. Pour into hot baking dish. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and sides are golden brown.
- Remove from oven; serve immediately with preserves and syrup.
- To Make Ahead:Prepare pancake batter as directed. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare baking dish as directed. Whisk batter until blended; pour into hot baking dish. Bake, as directed, until puffed and sides are golden brown.
Originally published as Puffed Peach Pancake in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.