Marzipan Cups with Currant Jelly
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 84 whole almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using well-floured hands, press tablespoonfuls of dough onto bottoms and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- For filling, in a small bowl, mix almond paste and sugar until blended. Add eggs and extract. Place 1/2 teaspoon jelly in each cup; top with 1 teaspoon almond mixture. Place one almond on top of each cup. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 108 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 17, 2019
Fantastic. I made a half recipe to test. Very similar to what my Austrian parents made. It was a hunt for the marzipan as my local shops are clueless. Will make again in the fall and again for the winter holidays. Thanks for sharing an outstanding recipe.
Apr 21, 2019
My family loved these and it wasn’t too hard to Blanche and prepare the almonds