Sweet Tooth Treats
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, corn syrup, sugar and coconut until blended. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 232 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 21, 2011
a must for any peanut butter lover on your baking list. I have to make multiple batches for my kids at christmas as they gobble them up! only change I make is to use honey nut cheerios as that is what Ihave on hand.
Aug 18, 2011
I didn't think there was anything special about these, but since several people asked for the recipe I guess I was wrong. I lost patience with dipping the balls, so I spooned the chocolate onto some of them.
May 28, 2009
These were good. I'm not sure the coconut is necessary....I couldn't taste it in the recipe. Were very easy to make and good for all ages.