- 3 to 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 cups torn spinach greens
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- In a small frying pan, cook bacon until crisp. Do not drain. In a 1-cup measure, place egg, sugar, vinegar and enough water to measure 3/4 cup; pour over bacon and grease.
- Cook and stir until dressing thickness. Season to taste. Pour hot dressing over greens and onion. Toss; garnish with egg slices. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forDutch Spinach Salad
"This warm salad was a really pleasant surprise over typical wilted salads. Like the previous reviewer, I was worried about the egg setting while cooking, so instead of lightly beating, I beat it until creamy and cooked the dressing at a very low simmer. The result was fantastic. I'll definitely be doing this again. Would love to try this dressing in a potato salad."
"I was kind of worried about the egg in the mixture to put in the pan and it did streak a little. It was very good. I also used a 10 oz bag of spinach. I kind of worried it was too much. It came out very nice and everybody loved it. I will definitely make this again."