Dutch Apple Sour Cream Pie
This delicious pie is a favorite of family and friends who come to call. It also goes well with my apple-themed kitchen. —Laura Thompson, Morristown, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, sugar, flour and vanilla. Stir in apples. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pie. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until filling is set and topping is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 481 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Dutch Apple Crumb Pie in Country Woman May/June 2006
Jun 16, 2010
Great recipe - different than traditional apple pie, but very tasty.
Apr 1, 2008
i did a few changes, besides my own crumb topping.
Apr 1, 2008
DID MY OWN CRUMB TOPPING