Crispy Rice Patties with Vegetables & Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (7.4 ounces each) ready-to-serve white sticky rice
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 large eggs
- Minced fresh chives
- Additional pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions; cool slightly. Press a fourth of the rice into a 1/2-cup measuring cup that has been moistened lightly with water; invert onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Fold plastic around rice; shape rice into a 1/2-in.-thick patty. Repeat three times.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook patties until crisp, 3-5 minutes per side; brush tops with soy sauce after turning. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook and stir vegetables over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Stir in sesame oil, salt and pepper. Add water; reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining canola oil over medium heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks just begin to thicken, about 5 minutes. To serve, top rice patties with vegetables and eggs. Sprinkle with chives and additional pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 320 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 9, 2020
Absolutely amazing! Very quick too! My carrots and red pepper didn't brown, but the brussel sprouts did and it gave the dish a different, but very good flavor. The flavor pairings are out of this world. I dislike strongly brussel sprout and ate them up in this dish.