Fried Rice Omelet
Here's a fun way to use up leftover chicken and cooked rice. This delightful omelet is perfect for dinner. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the rice, chicken, vegetable blend and teriyaki sauce until heated through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon rice mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate.
Nutrition Facts1 omelet: 448 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 692mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Outrageous Omelets in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.