- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Canola oil
- Finely grate potatoes; drain any liquid. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add egg, onion, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/8 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCrispy Potato Pancakes
"Tasty and easy."
"i love potato pancakes, the problem is the recipes are so large. this on is just perfect. It cooks up nice and crisp and I don't have to make a ton of pancakes. It's perfect for just two people. It's is good good, I'm going to make it again and again."