- 12 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch dip
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute vegetables in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in broth; cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dip, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil and salt; stir into skillet and heat through. Drain pasta; add to the skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Vegetable Bow Tie Toss
"Very good! I had to do some improvising as I didn't have mushrooms and the asparagus I bought at Aldi's was gross when I opened the package, so I just added some extra zucchini. We had it as our main course and even though I don't like the idea of Meatless Monday meals, I must admit this was a very hearty meal served with sliced tomatoes, a salad and one of my homemade oatmeal dinner rolls. It was quick and easy and made a big skillet full meaning my hubby and I get to enjoy it again another night this week--perhaps as a side dish this time."
"Is this a cold salad or hot?"
"I really enjoyed this dish and served it with grilled salmon. The only change I made was to leave out the mushrooms and slightly increase the zucchini."
"Made this for dinner, my 2 year old actually ate her entire plate (minus the mushrooms, which she is not a fan of), hubby loved it. It was good over all. i think next time I'm going to leave the mushrooms out, they have to strong of a taste, didn't blend well to me."