- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and cabbage to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoons drippings. Stir the flour, salt, paprika and pepper into the drippings until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place cabbage in an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with sauce. Sprinkle bread crumbs and bacon over the top. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Cabbage
"This was great! A wonderful different way to eat cabbage. Definitely will make again."
"This was delicious!! I didn't have bacon so I substituted tiny,chopped pieces of kielbasa, fried until a little crunchy and I substituted crushed crackers for the bread crumbs. It was so good and we'll definitely be eating it again!"
"This turned out yummy - Great compliment to a meat and potoaes dish. I added dried onions for a different touch."