Creamy Broccoli Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper and thyme; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add broccoli; cook 3-5 minutes. Stir in cottage cheese and mushrooms. Drain noodles.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer 3 noodles, a third of the sauce and a third of the Swiss cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 291 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2012
Loved by whole family. I used oven ready noodles added a little sauce on very bottom of dish though to help with cooking the noodles and cooked 45mins. Used fresh mushrooms as well for a healthier choice then canned or jar and bought real swiss cheese slices to cut back on shredding time. Yum!
Apr 21, 2011
This is not vegetarian - it's made with chicken bouillon. Otherwise, an okay recipe.