Creamy Onion Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 jar (23-1/2 ounces) Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce. Combine the egg, cottage cheese and onion dip.
- Spread 1 cup Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles. Layer with half of the cottage cheese mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Cool unbaked lasagna; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 342 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Jan 8, 2015
What an awesome recipe and a nice twist to regular lasagna! I have never had lasagna this creamy!
Nov 26, 2014
I've been looking for a quick and easy lasagna recipe and this is it! I did increase the cheese mixture in order to use up the entire cheese cartons (I used 16oz cottage cheese, 15 oz ricotta cheese, and 12 oz onion dip, 2 eggs). I could only find parmesan spaghetti sauce, so I added chopped garlic in with the browning meat. Thanks for the recipe!
Jul 1, 2012
My daughter made this dish for our family and it has become our favorite lasagne receipe.
Jan 31, 2012
This is a great dish! As other reviewers suggested, I double the cheese mixture (I also use ricotta instead of cottage cheese, just my preference.) I also use italian sausage instead of ground beef. Turns out perfect every time!
Oct 10, 2011
This is a good recipe for when you have a lasagne craving but not much time. The dip gives it a tanginess that we liked very much.
Sep 26, 2011
Very good even my sister who does not like lasagna liked this one!
Sep 23, 2011
We didn't like it. A few people suggested doubling the cottage cheese mixture (cottage cheese + dip + eggs). I doubled all three and the dish just tasted overwhelmingly like dip. I'd suggest doubling only the cottage cheese if you try the recipe... I also didn't care for the texture of the sausage in the Prego (it was a little gristly).
Sep 23, 2011
Love this lasagna!!!! I have also used Italian Sausage as well as a mixture of italian sausage and beef...Very YUMMY!!!
Sep 22, 2011
Apr 14, 2011
I made this recipe but i sustituted the ground beef with ground saugage. It was great :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.