- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry
- 4 cans (18.8 ounces each) chunky chicken corn chowder soup
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Thaw one sheet of puff pastry.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut pastry into six squares. Cut each square in half diagonally; transfer to two greased baking sheets. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine soup, turkey, peas and carrots, cream cheese and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Serve half of the turkey mixture with puff pastry triangles. Cool the remaining turkey mixture; transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCreamed Turkey with Puff Pastry
"Tasty recipe. I only used 3 cans of soup and 1 bag of frozen vegetables and it still made alot."
"I modified this a bit. I used 1 12oz bag of mixed veggies, and an 8 oz container of mushrooms. While cooking, I noticed it was a little bland so I added a tablespoon of Emeril's creole seasoning to give it some flavor. Turned out pretty decent. I also used crescents instead of the pasty puff."
"Tastes good. next time I might use biscuits instead of puff pastry. quick to make leftovers."
"I used biscuits instead of the puff pastry. My whole family liked this dish!"