Chicken in Puff Pastry
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup spreadable spinach and artichoke cream cheese
- 4 slices Muenster cheese, halved
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut into four squares.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons cream cheese into the center of each square; top with Muenster cheese and chicken.
- Whisk egg and water; lightly brush over edges. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 496 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Mar 28, 2018
Everyone loves this...and NO ONE will believe me when I tell them that I made it.
Mar 8, 2018
I puff my kids
Feb 17, 2017
Lovely, simple recipe that 8s totally good for company!
May 2, 2012
I haven't made this yet...do you cook the chicken first or put it in raw?
Apr 19, 2012
We loved this recipe! As with some of the others, I changed the filling a bit. I had some spinach dip in the fridge, so for the filling, I stirred some spinach dip into cream cheese. The crunch from the waterchestnuts in the spinach dip really gave the bundles a great texture, which was a hit with my friends. This recipe is a definite keeper that is so easy to change up, depending on what you have in your fridge.
Apr 19, 2012
question? are chicken tenderloins the same as maybe cut up breasts? and can you use crescent rolls instead of puff pastry? and who makes the spinach and artichoke cream cheese spread?
Dec 30, 2011
We love these! Have made them several times. I use different cream cheeses sometimes, but they are always very yummy!
Dec 5, 2011
I made this recipe tonight using 2 chicken tenders per bundle and garden vegetable reduced fat cream cheese. My husband and I both agree that it's a "make again!" Next time I may try a different kind of cream cheese (chive and onion) or marinated chicken breast tenders.
May 24, 2011
i made these for some girlfriends for lunch and they all loved them, I could not find the spinach and artichoke cream cheese, so i used a spinach and artichoke garlic alfredo spread that i found in the frozen food section
Jan 18, 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.