Creamed Turkey on Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk until blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 372 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Jun 18, 2016
Excellent on biscuits too.
Jul 17, 2014
A good comfort food without a ton of calories. Needs a bit of something though. I think I will try adding chicken bullion as one reader suggested.
Jun 13, 2013
quick and easy to make lacking in flavor though
Apr 4, 2013
Quick and easy but needs more flavor. Will make again for sure, just will add garlic or something.
Dec 29, 2012
This is great I also added a bit of chicken bouillion it gave it great taste yummy! Will make it again
May 29, 2010
Very quick and simple, good flavor. I will make this again for sure when a quick made meal is needed.
Apr 10, 2010
Easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.