Turkey-Sweet Potato Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in corn, sage and pepper; heat through. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in turkey; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 275 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Apr 20, 2015
added a little more sage and finished it off with some heavy whipping cream, YUM!!!
Mar 14, 2014
Just too sweet. I like sweet potatoes and corn but the combination was terrible. Neither of us liked it and we did not even finish it.
Jan 24, 2013
Having grown my own sweet potatoes this year (yes, just south of Buffalo NY)I have been searching for recipes to use them in. I followed the recipe exactly and loved it!! Will be adding this to my collection.
Nov 1, 2012
Quick, easy and very good.
Dec 21, 2011
I made this recipe and thickened it a little bit more by adding less liquid and placed a crust on top and baked it like a pot pie. It was a big hit!!!!
Nov 8, 2011
I added a little butter since I didn't have 2% milk (used skim instead). I also used fresh rosemary instead of the sage. It was very yummy!
Oct 28, 2011
Made this for dinner tonight and it was yummy!!!!!!!! I love sweet potatoes and the cream style corn gave it a yummy taste and texture, more like chowder instead of soup but yummy in my tummy anyway!!!!!
Oct 10, 2011
Loved this soup....very tasty & easy to make. Leftovers were great for lunch the next day.
Oct 8, 2011
Wow, what great flavor - I will definitely make this again!
Sep 23, 2011
I found a new soup to put in my fall/winter rotation after making this last night for dinner. I can't wait to get home to the leftovers. ?Heather Ray, Simple & Delicious