Creamed Turkey with Puff Pastry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry
- 4 cans (18.8 ounces each) chunky chicken corn chowder soup
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Thaw one sheet of puff pastry.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut pastry into six squares. Cut each square in half diagonally; transfer to two greased baking sheets. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine soup, turkey, peas and carrots, cream cheese and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Serve half of the turkey mixture with puff pastry triangles. Cool the remaining turkey mixture; transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 542 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 949mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein.
Dec 10, 2017
This was very easy to make, though I cut it in half to make just one meal. I used the puff pastry, but I think crescent rolls would be great too. There was lots left over, and it reheats just as good as fresh. I'll be making this one again!
Jan 27, 2013
Tasty recipe. I only used 3 cans of soup and 1 bag of frozen vegetables and it still made alot.
Sep 27, 2012
Never tasted this soup, so that would have to come before knowing if I'd modify. Sounds like a great cold weather dish - easy & fast. I wouldn't add anything except a big salad. I love meals with built in leftovers. Can't wait for leftover turkey. Thanks for the idea.
Sep 26, 2012
I modified this a bit. I used 1 12oz bag of mixed veggies, and an 8 oz container of mushrooms. While cooking, I noticed it was a little bland so I added a tablespoon of Emeril's creole seasoning to give it some flavor. Turned out pretty decent. I also used crescents instead of the pasty puff.
Dec 6, 2009
Tastes good. next time I might use biscuits instead of puff pastry. Quick to make leftovers.
Oct 29, 2009
I used biscuits instead of the puff pastry. My whole family liked this dish!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.