Creamed Chicken Over Corn Bread
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare corn bread batter and bake according to package directions, using a 9-in. round baking pan.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes; stir in chicken and broccoli. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; stir in the egg yolks, sour cream and milk until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Cut warm corn bread into wedges; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Sep 24, 2017
We really enjoyed this recipe over Gluten Free Corn Bread. There were no leftovers!
Sep 29, 2014
It turned out great, I was out of broccoli so I substitued with peas.
Aug 18, 2012
I made the recipe exactly as written and it was blah. It needs additional seasoning.
Dec 1, 2009
Great dish, although I made a couple modifications...added roasted red pepper, canned carrots, an extra bag of broccoli, turkey instead of chicken, and lighter dairy products to keep things low in fat. The chicken mixture is also delicious served over brown rice.