“This comforting dish was a favorite with our kids, and now our 11 grandkids request it,” says Nancy Lange, Hindsboro, Illinois. “The recipe is easily doubled or tripled for our Sunday family dinners.”
Recommended: 60 Extra-Cozy Potluck Recipes for Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare corn bread batter and bake according to package directions, using a 9-in. round baking pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes; stir in chicken and broccoli. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; stir in the egg yolks, sour cream and milk until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Cut warm corn bread into wedges; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Chicken Over Corn Bread in Country Woman December/January 2008, p40
Reviews forCreamed Chicken Over Corn Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2014
"It turned out great, I was out of broccoli so I substitued with peas."
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2012
"I made the recipe exactly as written and it was blah. It needs additional seasoning."