- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, mix hot water, rice mix and contents of seasoning packet; pour around chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Bake, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 35-45 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Chicken and Wild Rice
"Made this tonight. It was pretty good. I rated it about a B/B-. Didn't knock our socks off which is what I was going for. The search for the perfect chicken recipe will go on."
"I actually prepared this recipe in my slow cooker using bone-in chicken breasts with the skins removed. I prepared the sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker and placed the chicken breasts atop. I seasoned the chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning for more flavor and made the wild rice mix separately as a side dish.Flavorful & easy. A nice "fix it and forget it" meal."
"My goodness how fabulous this recipe is... a huge surprise of flavors! I was just looking thru the frig and pantry trying to figure out what to fix for dinner and had 3 ingredients rice chicken cranberry... and wondered what could be made with this... voila this recipe! I did take heed to the mushy comments on the rice and made the rice separately - didn't want to chance it being soupy and glad I did. The best ever. I used side dish of french cut green beans and tomatoes. Perfect!"
"Excellent and I am usually not a fan of rice. The ONLY reason that I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 star is because it was not an all time favorite BUT we loved it and would make it again in a heart beat. I agree that the rice was soupy but it was surprisingly not mushy. Next time I will either try less water or uncover it the last 10 min."
"Tasted great. For some reason my rice stayed very soupy and did not dry up. It did cook, but even after 55 mins in oven and another 15 mins in microwave, it was still very soupy. Will probably cook rice separate next time and then add to chicken and cranberry mix."