- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cheese and milk just until moistened. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto a ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCornmeal Cheddar Biscuits
"I thought they were pretty boring. Dense and crumbly. Like cornbread. I've come to think that a biscuit is not a biscuit without buttermilk."
"These were perfect. Not dry like other biscuit recipes. They were not that cheesy so you could definitely increase the cheddar to a full cup like review cmgentzel suggested. Also, I ran out of milk so I used Vanilla Almond milk instead. So good. Really easy to make. Didn't bake longer than 12 mins. I'll make these all the time."
"These were so crispy and light...yum!"
"I made this recipe for the first time and we loved them!!! Although I increased the cheese to 1 cup. My family loved them and I will definitely make them again."