- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 7 ounces smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning blend
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, onion and mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and seasoning blend, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forConfetti Kielbasa Skillet
"We loved this skillet meal!"
"DELICIOUS. I added a little over 1Lb of the meat and added 3t cayenne pepper. It was great!"
"This is probably one of the fastest meals I've ever made and I even doubles the recipe. It's surprising how much flavor you can get out of so few ingredients."
"So many different flavors! We loved it!!"
"I just made this for my son and his girlfriend. We all loved it! My only adjustment was increasing the amount of sausage to one pound. And they liked shredded cheese on it."
"The chicken broth I had on hand had gone bad so I used beef broth instead. Still tasted good! Both my husband and I agreed that it could use just a bit more meat. Next time I will cut the kielbasa slices in half. I may also back off on the beans a bit. I also found that it needed something extra. Maybe just a bit more salt or some other spice. Either way, I'll be making this again. Very easy!Update: I made this again tonight with a few changes. I used fresh sweet red pepper instead of the roasted, and cooked it with the onions. I used the same amount of meat but cutting it in half really helped disperse it out more. I did back off the beans a little like I thought I should and that was great! Instead of brown rice, I actually used long grain and wild rice I had leftover in the fridge (which I had made with the seasoning packet). The flavor of the rice with the other spices was GREAT!!! I think I'll be making it with that kind of rice from now on."
"Fast and easy to make. Everyone liked it."
"Fast and everyone loves it."