- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining coffee mixture until ready to cook.
- For glaze, place remaining coffee mixture in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- If grilling the chops, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Spoon glaze over chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCoffee-Molasses Marinated Pork Chops
"This was awful ! What a waste. Very bitter tasting. Husband and daughter thought it was awful too. I followed the recipe exactly. I agree with MIvey, chops were tasteless but sauce was way way too strong and bitter tasting. It, along with the recipe went in the garbage."
"Awesome! I could eat these every week! I followed the recipe exactly, and the thickened sauce is the bomb! Love!"
"TASTELESS! Will not make again!"
"This was a great recipe and tasted even better as leftovers the next day."
"Oh. My. Gosh. Cannot believe anyone said this was bland with all of those strong flavors! It was off the chart delicious! I will make this over and over and will try it on chicken tomorrow night! I liked it that much! ( Thinking maybe the coff was not brewed strongly enough for the ones who thought it bland.). Thank you for this awesome recipe!!!"
"Very bland. We took left over chops and added BBQ sauce."
"We love this recipe. I add more molasses than it calls for and it helps cut any bitter coffee aftertaste."
"This pork is fantastic! I recommend marinating all day. Wonderful flavor!"
"I didn't have a grill available, so used the broiler. Fantastic! I couldn't believe how moist the chops were. Will definitely make this one again!!!"