I found this healthy wassail recipe in a cookbook. My daughter first prepared it to go with our day-after-Thanksgiving leftovers meal, and everyone loved it! —Julie Williquette, Hartselle, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes13 servings (about 3 quarts)
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a Dutch oven, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 128 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Originally published as Here We Come A-Wassailing in Light & Tasty December/January 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.