Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, cook chorizo and onion over medium heat until sausage is cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Stir in all remaining ingredients except jalapenos.
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise in half; remove seeds and membranes. Fill each half with scant 1 tablespoon sausage mixture. Place in greased 15x10x1-in. pans. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 18-20 minutes.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 filled jalapeno half: 54 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 3, 2018
I made a half recipe but ended up using more than 12 jalapenos since my were small. Just the right amount of heat for me. The chorizo made them something special.
Jun 13, 2016
Perfectly spiced. I used cheddar cheese because it was all I had on hand and they were still really good.
Jun 21, 2014
Very Very GOOD!