Chorizo sausage adds even more zip to jalapeno popper snacks bursting with cheese. Guests are glad to see them at my parties throughout the year.—Daniel Brock, Sarasota, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, cook chorizo and onion over medium heat until sausage is cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Stir in all remaining ingredients except jalapenos.
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise in half; remove seeds and membranes. Fill each half with scant 1 tablespoon sausage mixture. Place in greased 15x10x1-in. pans. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 18-20 minutes.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 filled jalapeno half: 54 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Stuffed Jalapenos in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.