I wrapped these spicy jalapeno poppers in puff pastry like a mummy. You can tame the heat by adjusting the amount of chipotle peppers.—Nick Iverson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut lengthwise into 32 strips
- Preheat oven to 400°. Beat first nine ingredients until blended. Spoon or pipe cheese mixture into pepper halves.
- Wrap puff pastry strips around pepper halves. Transfer wrapped peppers to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 30-40 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 popper: 133 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mummy Poppers in Halloween Bookazine 2016