I wrapped these spicy jalapeno poppers in puff pastry like a mummy. You can tame the heat by adjusting the amount of chipotle peppers.—Nick Iverson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut lengthwise into 32 strips
- Preheat oven to 400°. Beat first nine ingredients until blended. Spoon or pipe cheese mixture into pepper halves.
- Wrap puff pastry strips around pepper halves. Transfer wrapped peppers to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 30-40 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 popper: 133 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Mummy Poppers in Halloween Bookazine 2016