Cajun Crab Poppers
My brother moved to New Orleans and I love visiting him and his family whenever I can. These easy jalapeno poppers are stuffed with crab, cajun seasonings and bacon. They're a little hot and spicy, just like a visit to New Orleans! —Elizabeth Lubin, Huntington Beach, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, beat the first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in shredded cheese, crab and bacon. Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Spoon filling into pepper halves. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with additional parsley.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 popper: 88 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.