Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into four strips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown tenderloins on both sides. Cool slightly.
- Carefully cut a slit down the side of each pepper and remove seeds. Fill each with one tenderloin; top each with 2 tablespoons cheese and a strip of cream cheese. Close peppers; wrap with bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet, slit side up. Top with remaining cheddar cheese; bake until browned and peppers are tender, 25-30 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 389 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 16, 2017
These were very good. Super easy to clean out the poblanos; they seemed a little larger than the ones pictured in the recipe. I used sauteed chicken tenders (NOT the breaded kind!) and put just a little more chicken in the pepper than called for (hungry guys in my house!). I needed to cook them about 15 minutes longer than called for in the original recipe to get the peppers fully cooked and soft.