Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Fold in zucchini and carrots.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 326 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 5, 2019
These looked and smelled amazing, but I was majorly disappointed at how dried at they were the next day!
May 14, 2019
Your ads cover up some of ingredients. Please fix.
Oct 5, 2018
Used dark cocoa powder and filled the tins to the top. Great with frosting or without.
Jun 25, 2018
Sure kids like them with all that sugar. Just one of them is the daily limit. Just because something has vegetables does not make it healthy.
Sep 4, 2017
I followed the recipe, except I used 2 cups zucchini and no carrots. I also added some chocolate chips. The kids really liked them, but we adults thought they were just ok.
Feb 11, 2017
DELICIOUS!! I ended up with about 1.5 c of carrots and also 1.25c zucchini, and it made 40 cupcakes. WOW! Moist and delicious! Served without frosting.
Dec 3, 2016
> I didn't have ne zucchini (caused I used them n other desserts) - so I used yellow squash - put them n2 the handy chopper and mashed the button a few times until there was nothing but yellow specks - these cupcakes turned out... pretty good!
Aug 23, 2016
Great tasting and you would never know there were veggies in it! I followed the recipe to the letter, only I baked this in a bundt pan and used a homemade frosting.
Aug 17, 2016
I made this recipe exactly as written tonight but baked it in a Bundt pan. It turned out beautifully and is delicious!
Aug 10, 2016
I tried these to see if I could get some veggies into my toddlers w/out them knowing...it worked! They loved them & so did I...moist and chocolatey...just how I like my cupcakes!