Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 372 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 5, 2016
This cake was ok. The cloves are way too overpowering and it's all that you taste. It's a very greasy cake too. I've never made a cake that leaves a grease mark on a paper plate like pizza does. There are far better chocolate zucchini cake recipes out there.
Aug 21, 2013
Wonderful! Wouldn't change a thing...took it to a party last night, and came home with only 4 pieces left. Everyone raved about it.
Aug 3, 2013
This was a hit not only at home but at work. I even made it using some shredded carrots with it. also good.
Sep 25, 2011
Very good! I would put more chocolate chips on top next time..it didnt seem like it was enough.
Aug 19, 2011
This was a ok cake, not what i expecting. I was looking for a cake with more chocolate flavor, so if you want a chocolatey cake I would suggest finding a different recipe.
Jul 11, 2011
Amazing!! Moist and gone fast.. we couldn't stop eating it!
Jul 23, 2010
Hi my mom just made this today I thought it was good I'm 9 years old