- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pie filling, chocolate chips and extract; spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and pecans; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake until top is set and filling is bubbly, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Covered-Cherry Dump Cake
"Really good!! I used 1/2 cup sliced almonds instead of pecans and only 3/4 c melted butter on top."
"This was great, tasted just as I had hoped."
"Very good. I thought it would be more like a cobbler, but was pleasantly surprised at it's cake like texture. I'm already thinking of flavor variations!!"