- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Optional: Chopped nuts, chocolate curls and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1-3/4 cups whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate curls if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, 8 hours or overnight.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 365 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 15, 2019
This has turned into a family favorite, especially with the grand kids. Easy to make!!
May 18, 2019
a keeper! I made this just as the recipe called for. it was a big hit. than I made it again this time I changed it some. I used my home made cookie dough, I made my own cool whip. every one love my way of fixing it. I use my own chocolate chip cookie dough, I make my own cool whip. I add a little black walnuts on top
Apr 17, 2019
Can I half this recipe?
Mar 22, 2019
Great dessert but cut 30 instead of 15 Much too rich forsuch a large piece.
Apr 25, 2018
Really good but was hard to cut. Will do as others suggested and line pan with foil large enough to overhang over the ends for easy removal and cutting. Bought the 30 oz. size of cookie dough by mistake and it came out fine.
Apr 23, 2018
Really good! I used large boxes of jello pudding, upped milk to 4 1/2 cups, and used a whole 16 oz container cool whip. It filled the dish up!!
Jan 30, 2018
Five star. Excellent recipe for a crowd. My mother in law raved about it and she is an excellent cook. I followed the recipe only used whole milk as that is what I had. Very easy to make. I did use some grated chocolate mint flavored candies from Costco for the topping which probably imparted a different taste to the recipe. I will try different flavored toppings next time as the mint was very good but a bit strong. Anyway a big hit and will be in my favorites file.
Dec 31, 2017
Delicious recipe. Like others have mentioned it does not look like the pic and does stick to the pan. I line the pan with foil on the bottom before putting the dough so when it's finished I can use the foil to take the whole dessert out of the pan. This makes it easier to cut especially with the first slice just remember to use enough foil to put over the ends so you can use as handles to pull out. I also made the cookie crust thicker by using a larger tube of cookie dough (30 Oz) which increases the cook time to about 25-30 minutes. The cream and pudding layers are a little overpowering so I only put half. I still make the amount the recipe calls for but only put half on the actual cookie layer. I use the rest for other stuff (the creams/sugar mix goes well on cupcakes). I made this for Christmas and everyone loved it (it ran out fast).
Dec 26, 2017
I made this for Christmas dinner this year and everyone loved it. I didn't have cookie dough so I used a homemade cookie bar recipe that my mother in law always made. I also only used 1 cup of whipped topping with the cream cheese and powdered sugar mixture and used 2 boxes of chocolate and 1 box of vanilla and 4 cups of milk. Everything set up well and it made really pretty slices. I altered the pudding and milk ratio based on my own experiences from other recipes like this one that I have made in the past. It makes for a nice thick pudding that stays in a layer in a slice. This was not too sweet and the pan was practically licked clean. I will make this for all occassions to go along with the Creamy Coconut Dessert my family always requests.
Jul 13, 2017
I just made this dessert and I must say .... it was delicious! That cheesecake layer really added that special touch and made this dessert tasty and decadent! I made some changes .... I used peanut butter cookie dough for the crust, I added about 1/2 cup whipped topping to the chocolate layer and instead of sprinkling chocolate chips on top, I swirled in some chocolate sauce ..... maybe next time I make it I may sprinkle top with chopped peanuts! Five star rating for sure!