- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble enough cake to measure 8 cups; set aside. (Save remaining cake for another use.) In a mixing bowl, combine milk and water until smooth. Add pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in the whipped cream.
- To assemble, spread 2-1/2 cups pudding mixture in a 4-qt. glass bowl. Top with half of the crumbled cake; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon orange juice. Arrange half of the berries and kiwi over cake. Repeat pudding and cake layers; sprinkle with remaining orange juice. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Spoon remaining fruit around edge of bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate and Fruit Trifle
"I've been making this for a few years and it has been declared my sons birthday dessert as well as one of our yearly Cmas desserts! Imagine my disappointment to learn I lost the magazine with this recipe in it...so relieved to find it available here as my family would pretty sad"
"I've made this several times with blueberries instead of kiwifruit and have been declared a superstar everytime. Tastes sinfully great and looks awesome. Great for kids and adults as well."
"I've made this a few times for family get togethers and everyone loved it. This recipe is a keeper. :)"
"This is a hit every time I make it!"
"Absolutely DELICIOUS! I used rasperries, blueberries and strawberries. Everyone loved it and made me promise to make it again! Which I will definatly do =)"
"I hosted a Table at my Church's Women's Tea for Moms. My Mom and I are allergic to most flowers, so I decided to make this for our Center Peice. Everyone LOVED it! It was Delicious!"