- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic, chipotle peppers and salt; rub over salmon.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChipotle Salmon with Strawberry Mango Salsa
"Really enjoyed this recipe!"
"This is such a simple but flavorful recipe! It takes hardly and time to prepare, so it is great when you are short on groceries but want a great meal. I think it would also be good with any type of fruity salsa!"
"A keeper...my husband couldn't get done raving about this dish. I don't usually like hot spicy foods. This was not too spicy, as I made sure to remove all seeds from the chipotle peppers before dicing them."
"This was pretty good. I didn't have chipotle peppers in adobo sauce so I used adobo sauce. Omitted the salt. I don't care for cilantro or mint. Used parsley. The next time I make this, I won't bother with the oil."
"I couldn't find the chipotle peppers at Whole Foods, so I substituted some fabulous spicy Hawaiian seasoning (and omitted the salt since the seasoning has salt), and the salmon came out great. The salsa was also delicious.. I had quite a bit of salsa left along with a small piece of salmon, I tossed it with some lettuce to make a healthy, refreshing salad the next day!"
"I'm just rating the salsa because I used it on grilled tilapia. Excellent - I would decrease the onion a bit, but that is just preference. A really good change."
"<p>I got my magazine a few days ago and I have already made this twice! It's awesome! Compliments all around both times. The strawberry mango salsa is amazing just as it is. The salmon is also amazing as is, but after making it twice, I think I'd prefer a little more chipotle. Otherwise, perfect. The beauty of both recipes is that you can tweak them to suit your taste: more chipotle, more cilantro, less onion, whatever you prefer. Definitely a keeper.</p>"