- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; remove 3 tablespoons for basting. Add chicken to remaining soy sauce mixture; toss to coat. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and broccoli.
- Place skewers on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until chicken is no longer pink, 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste with reserved soy mixture during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChinese Takeout-on-a-Stick
"my family loved the flavor! (I made them with out the stick in the skillet, but this summer will try on the grill)."
"Great flavor without having to marinate ahead of time."
"This is the best marinade. Will definitely make it again. I let it marinate for about an hour."