- 1 bunch Swiss chard (about 1 pound), chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring 2 in. of water to a boil. Add chard; cook, covered, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- In same saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pepper, tomato and onion; saute until pepper is crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more. Stir in next five ingredients; add cooked chard. Cook and stir until pepper is tender, 3-4 minutes ; add lemon juice. Top with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChinese Chard with Almonds
"Deliciouse, looked great on the plate. I served it with bbq'd chicken glazed with hot plum sauce, great side. Janet. VFE"