- 3 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- Red lettuce leaves, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, onion, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in shrimp, cucumber, celery and pasta. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve on lettuce. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forChilled Shrimp Pasta Salad
"Delicious!!! Since I am a WW I lightened it up with lite sour cream and lite mayo. I figured only 6 pts a serving so makes an awesome lunch."
"This was delicious! Family loved it, even the grand kids ate it."
"Took to potluck. Lots of good comments."
"Delicious & refreshing! I used green onion instead of the grated onion. Also used less horseradish because it was a tad strong. But I will definitely make this again! Perfect for a hot summer night! Also skipped the red lettuce."
"This salad is delicious! It's perfect for dinner on hot summer nights. I was wary of the horseradish sauce at first, but it added a really nice flavor to the dressing without making it too hot. I used small pacific salad shrimp, and I skipped the red lettuce leaves. I'll be making this quite a few more times this summer!"
"We all loved this pasta salad. Everyone went back for seconds, and thirds! Delicious. I did not have seasoned salt, so I used garlic salt. The dressing turned out so tasty, that we all dipped cucumbers into it as I was boiling the pasta! I think I'll start using the dressing as a vegetable dip! I will definitely make this again! Thanks so much!"
"This salad is delicious! I wasn't sure about the horseradish but I loved the flavor of this. Will definitely be making this again!"