Chicken with Rosemary Butter Sauce for 2
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to the pan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in rosemary and remaining butter until blended. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce: 351 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 6, 2013
This was tasty but I would not go out and buy whipping cream just to make it. I used half & half and it worked just fine. I also used dry rosemary.
Feb 21, 2013
I love that this is so easy to make. The sauce has a very nice taste to it. I used dried rosemary instead of fresh.
Feb 11, 2013
I doubled the recipe for the sauce, probably didn't need to. Served it over squash ravioli.YUMM! It's a keeper!
Jul 30, 2012
This was an amazingly great recipe. It was super easy with minimal prep and just a few ingredients. I think I might try sauteed sliced baby portobella mushrooms next time for the fun of it. Really a great recipe.
Sep 10, 2011
The flavor of the sauce was amazing!
Feb 12, 2011
Two thumbs up!
Jan 18, 2011
This was very tasty and very easy to make! I did add some garlic while cooking the chicken as well as increased the Sauce to 3/4c of each the broth and cream. I served it with sweet potato gnocchi for a great meal! Husband loved it so definitely will make again!
Nov 14, 2009
Delicious! I didn't have fresh rosemary on hand so I used 1 tsp dried rosemary and it was great. Next time I'll try adding 1/3 cup chicken broth and 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream so that we can have a bit more sauce. Even my kids liked it!