Chicken Pesto with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) cellentani or spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 container (7 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and pesto; heat through. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 433 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 4, 2019
I agree with others about this soup being just okay. The ingredient I added was mushrooms. They were the best taste in the soup.
Dec 28, 2018
This was fast and just okay. Not a big fan of pesto otherwise I might have liked it better. My daughter really liked it.
Jul 31, 2017
This is a flavorful pasta dish, and it come together quick for those busy nights.
Aug 31, 2015
This recipe is quick and easy and very good. The roasted pine nuts were a nice addition.
Jun 1, 2014
My family loved this recipe. We've made it several times. At my daughter's suggestion, I added 1 cup of sliced fresh button mushrooms & 3 cloves of fresh garlic to the pesto & heated it up with the chicken. Then I mixed this with the noodles. We were so pleased!