Chicken Pesto with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) cellentani or spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 container (7 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and pesto; heat through. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 404 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Mar 4, 2019
I agree with others about this soup being just okay. The ingredient I added was mushrooms. They were the best taste in the soup.
Dec 28, 2018
This was fast and just okay. Not a big fan of pesto otherwise I might have liked it better. My daughter really liked it.
Jul 31, 2017
This is a flavorful pasta dish, and it come together quick for those busy nights.
Aug 31, 2015
This recipe is quick and easy and very good. The roasted pine nuts were a nice addition.
Jun 1, 2014
My family loved this recipe. We've made it several times. At my daughter's suggestion, I added 1 cup of sliced fresh button mushrooms & 3 cloves of fresh garlic to the pesto & heated it up with the chicken. Then I mixed this with the noodles. We were so pleased!