- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chives
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add butter and lime juice to the skillet; cook and stir until butter is melted. Stir in dill and chives. Drizzle over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken in Lime Butter
"Very good recipe!! I used cilantro instead of the dill and chives. Very versatile recipe! Use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand!*tip* add the lime juice at the end and the lime flavor will be stronger!"
"Delicious and super fast and easy! I served this with rice pilaf and green beans."
"This recipe is great and often asked for by my husband. The only change I make sometimes is that he prefers lemon over lime and I don't always include the chives since they aren't always something I keep on hand at home. Delicious and so easy to make."
"In the mood for 'crisp' so pounded the chicken, then dipped in Egg Beaters followed by panko crumbs with garlic & herb seasoning prior to cooking. My husband loves all things saucy, so added some white wine to the sauce ingredients to make it go further. A big hit!"
"I really like the flavor of this chicken."