With a family of five, I've found that casseroles are a quick and filling meal. The crescent roll topping bakes up to a beautiful golden brown.—Laurie Bus, Reno, Nevada
Recommended: 30-Minute Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large saucepan, saute celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, chicken, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture begins to boil. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place over cheese. Melt the remaining butter; toss with nuts and sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Crescent Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p37
Reviews forChicken Crescent Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2011
"This is so yummy with crescent rolls, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream...how can you go wrong? I will definitely make it again!!"