With tender tortellini, chicken, spinach and lots of herbs, this comforting soup is so flavorful. The fact that it's easy to make is just a chilly-night bonus. —Emily Hobbs, Springfield, Missouri
Recommended: 30 Quick Easy Soup Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh kale (about 2 ounces)
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place first five ingredients in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is no longer pink, 2-3 hours.
- Stir in tortellini, beans, artichoke hearts and kale. Cook, covered, on low until tortellini and kale are tender, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway. Serve immediately. If desired, top with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Chicken and Kale Tortellini Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018