Cherry & Macadamia Nut Cookies
Tart dried cherries and sweet macadamia nuts make an unbeatable combo. Plus, the cherries add a pop of color for the holidays.—Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./ batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flours; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in cherries and nuts.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; place 1-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms just begin to brown. Cool on pans 10 minutes.
- Place remaining confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Roll slightly cooled cookies in sugar; return cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cookies in sugar again just before serving.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.