Cherry-Chocolate Pudgy Pie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- Place one slice of bread in a greased sandwich iron. Spread with pie filling; top with almonds, chocolate chips and remaining bread slice. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown and heated through, 3-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 309 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 2, 2017
I've done this with peanut butter, jelly, cream cheese, and other fruity insides, then told the kids I was making them for they were home made pop tarts. Really good on a cold, nasty day.