Cherry-Chocolate Pudgy Pie
Here’s an ooey-gooey treat that’s just right for campfires and cookouts. —Josh Carter, Birmingham, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- Place one slice of bread in a greased sandwich iron. Spread with pie filling; top with almonds, chocolate chips and remaining bread slice. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown and heated through, 3-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 309 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Nutella-Graham Pudgy Pies in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011
Aug 2, 2017
I've done this with peanut butter, jelly, cream cheese, and other fruity insides, then told the kids I was making them for they were home made pop tarts. Really good on a cold, nasty day.