- 3 large baking potatoes (1 pound each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender. In a large bowl, mash potato pulp. Stir in onion mixture, cream, sour cream, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese. Stuff into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes
"Very good twice baked potato recipe. I was able to cut down recipe easily to make fewer potatoes."
"These were VERY tasty! The only (minor) issue I had was that the skins were a little tough, despite rubbing them with oil and turning the potatoes every 20 minutes. I think it took a total of about 70 minutes for my potatoes to get done. I did only 2 potatoes, and just cut everything into 2/3rds (which wasn't as difficult as it sounds). I completely skipped the onions to save some time and just used some dried minced onion. I used cheddar jack cheese and also sprinkled real bacon bits on top with the paprika. Served this with a side salad for a vegetarian weeknight meal."
"Delicious and easy to prepare!"
"I just microwave my potatoes for the first step of this recipe. Saves time. bake it last. Hubby loves cheese and I leave out the onions which I love though. Yum."
"These potatoes were a hit at our cookout. I added 8 slices of cooked bacon before stuffing the shells. It added some extra flavor. Excellent recipe!"
"You can reduce salt and fat content and not affect taste. Freeze well....Reheat in microwave."
"693mg of sodium"
"these dont work with small potatoes hence them saying large ones. even though i used small potatoes and everything spilled over, the messiness didnt affect the great taste!"
"These were excellent! I did add a little more cheese because we all love cheese but everything else I used was as the recipe called for. I did get 3 people tell me that these were better than what you get in a restaurant & I agree. They are very easy to make too. Will be making these over & over again!"