While I was growing up, I would sit for hours reading cookbooks from cover to cover. I've carried that love of cooking with me through the years. I found this recipe when we lived in Wisconsin. - Julie Barwick, Mansfield, Ohio.
Recommended: 25 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes for Worry-Free Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil or dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a heavy saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, basil and garlic powder; mix well. Reduce heat to low. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Transfer to a slow cooker or fondue pot and keep warm over low heat. Serve with breadsticks. Yield: about 5 cups.
Originally published as Cheesy Pizza Fondue in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p13
Reviews forCheesy Pizza Fondue
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2010
"This is delicious...but it makes a lot. Good for a group of people.~ Theresa"